This is going to be a major release and it will have numerous changes and bug fixes, most of them though will be under the hood.
- Subnetting, currently VSNS assumes always a /24 since it was originally designed to help in home networks. The next version will be able to identify the correct subnet and also provide helpfull tools (?IP Calc?, IP validation etc)
- Update to the report engine, due to some changes in Win 7 SP1 & 8 although the scan finishes very fast, the reporting is done in a very slow pace. The report can take up to 10 seconds to finish. This will be fixed and I estimate a 1 sec delay for the report.
- Better error reporting, the scanning engine has very generic errors, in some cases it reports that it cant finish a task while it actually does.
- Ability to handle numerous IP's. It will now be able to first allow the user to select the Network to scan from the available networks and also automatically fill the most obvious network.
- Address Map enhancements. First of all it will now work :) and also a few additions will be made (ie Range Capacity etc)